AI inspired healthcare is aiming at providing better care. From examining different computerized algorithms to matching behavior of complex medical data, the end objective is to optimize clinical procedures and clinical outcomes.
Lets check the stats of growth of AI in current healthcare space. AI in healthcare is growing with a CAGR of 14% and is expected to be a market of $35B by 2025. Revenue!! Profit!! Growth!Here are some of the potential areas of growth you can leverage from based on our analysis of market in 2019 are:-
- Radiology Image Analysis: Currently, image analysis is very time consuming for human providers, with use of machine-learning algorithm you can analyze 3D scans upto 90-95% faster then manual. Additionally, AI image analysis can support remote areas that don’t have easy access to healthcare providers and make tele-medicine more effective as patients can use their camera phones to send in pics of rashes, bruises to determine what care is required. Google has launched new eye detection ML algorithm analyzing scans of the back of a patient’s eye to assess a person’s risk of heart disease using machine learning.
- Virtual nursing assistants: Uniquely manages high volume patient engagement, like a digital nurse to help people monitor patient’s condition and follow up with treatments, between doctor visits. Care Angel’s virtual nurse assistant can even provide wellness checks through voice and AI. Based on the inputs, further commands to be sent to doctor or a doctor connect is required.
- Clinical Trials: Finding an eligible patient for clinical trials is always very tedious and cumbersome process for research organizations because it takes days to find out whether the patient is eligible for trials or not but with the help of AI you can easily reduce the trials time by almost half, improving trial quality. AI is finding bio-markers and gene signatures that cause diseases, recruiting eligible clinical trial patients in minutes, reading volumes of text in seconds.
- Dosage Errors: With the help of AI by defining algorithms on extensive data available, you can determine the correct dosage to be suggested to patients which improvises the overall process by 30-40%. This is very effective for patients taking immuno suppressant drugs to administer to organ patients
- Health Monitoring : Wearable health trackers – like FitBit, Apple, Garmin – monitors heart rate and activity levels. With AI, there will be alerts to the user to get more exercise and can share this information to doctors for additional data points on the needs and habits of patients.
- AI assisted Robotic Surgery: With AI techniques, you can analyze data from pre-op medical records to physically guide the surgeon’s instrument in real-time during a procedure. Eventually which can reduction by 21% in patients’ length of stay in the hospital following surgery.
- Machine Learning and Radiology: A team of researchers at Osaka University has developed a deep-learning algorithm that can reliably diagnose many neurological diseases, including epilepsy. The program scans patients’ magnetoencephalography results, comparing their images with tens of thousands of other scans from healthy patients. It then identifies potential lesions and other abnormal regions in the brain. Since epilepsy often spreads across the brain, identifying abnormal scans as early as possible is crucial to improving patients’ treatment options and ultimate outcomes.
- Automating Administrative Tasks: While patient care is always the top priority of health care providers, they still have to operate as businesses, which means expensive and time-consuming overhead and administrative costs. AI in health care administration is drastically reducing these expenses, and it’s helping health care providers devote more of their limited resources to the patient care that really matters.
Santeware has a long tern focus on automation and using automation tools to each processes in all the services it delivers. Please get back to us to know more.